Sunday, December 04, 2005

Storyland Valley Zoo, Edmonton, 1960



(Click on the picture to enlarge it!)

With all the recent excitement of Anna's departure for Africa, there has not been much time for blogging photographs. But as so many of you have been scolding me for slacking off, I thought I'd dig around in the archives to see if there was anything interesting I might send your way.

These two photographs go way back. They're from the Storyland Valley Zoo created in 1959 by the City of Edmonton.

Riding the miniature train you will see me and my brother Edzio, just behind the four little blonde girls in identical robin egg blue dresses.

In the following photograph, Edzio, my cousin Arthur and I, are standing on the bow of Noah's Ark.

Both photos were taken by my father with his pre-WWII Contax III camera with Zeiss Sonnar 50/1.5 lens.


No comments: