Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Report on the Work in Progress

I've been away from internetland for about a month now, so I though it might be time to give you an upadate on what has been happening with me.

Work is progessing well on the renovation and addition to the cottage. I am spending just about all of my time out there now, until the project is completed.

Here's what we've done so far....


It all started with single rotting beam under the cottage, that had to be replaced.


The old cedar floor joists appeared intact, so we decided to reinforce them and put them on a concrete foundation, and, while we were at it, to expand the living space by building an addition.


After clearing the land and raising the cottage on blocks, we excavated the foundation for the foundation under the addition. This was around July 12th.


Next we built the forms into which we would pour the concrete.

No comments: